Move-in ready homes are the modern homebuyer’s solution to eliminating house-hunting stress. These properties come with a host of benefits, making them an attractive option for those seeking a smooth, stress-free moving experience. Join us as we explore what move-in ready homes are, why they might just be the perfect choice for you, plus a bonus guide to help you along your move-in ready house hunting adventure.
What Does Move-In Ready Mean?
A move-in ready home refers to a property that is in great condition and requires no significant work to be done before you can comfortably live there. These homes are thoughtfully updated and meticulously maintained, ensuring that all essential systems are in proper working order. That means the home comes equipped with functioning plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems. In many cases, move-in ready homes come with inspections and warranties from the seller as well, providing additional peace of mind that the property is in good condition.
Upon purchasing a move-in ready home, you can immediately do just that – move in! There is no hassle of scheduling repairs or time-consuming renovations. This type of property is ideal for those seeking convenience or that have busy schedules, as it saves valuable time and effort in the homebuying process.
Move-In Ready Homes Save Money
While fixer-upper homes might seem tempting due to their potentially lower initial price, the hidden costs can quickly add up, and renovations and repairs can be unpredictable and expensive. Move-in ready homes spare you from such surprises. Whether it’s a newly constructed move-in ready home or a resale, the seller has already taken care of all necessary repairs and updates. The total upfront cost of the property reflects this. This means you can avoid the headache of budget overruns and unforeseen expenses, providing peace of mind while saving you money.
Arguably the most prominent advantage of opting for a move-in ready home is the amount of time and effort you save. Unlike fixer-uppers or homes in need of remodeling, move-in ready properties are ready for the moving truck! You can start enjoying your new space from day one. The buying process is not only streamlined, but you have more time to focus on getting settled into your new home and neighborhood.
As move-in ready homes are already in good condition and often vacant, the closing process tends to be faster. Since there is no wait for your home to be completed or repaired, you move through the buying process efficiently. This benefit is particularly appealing if you are eager to move or have a tight moving deadline.
Peace of Mind When You Buy Move-In Ready
Buying a home is a big deal that comes with a big amount of stress, even under the best circumstances. Opting for a new move-in ready home reduces the stress and anxiety associated with homebuying uncertainty. Instead of worrying about contractors or timelines, you can focus instead on celebrating your massive achievement of purchasing a home!
Move-in ready resale homes are also available in addition to new constructions. These homes follow the same concept and still save you time, money, and effort. They are also more commonly located in older, established neighborhoods.
If you’re looking for a move-in home in a new, developing community, a new construction might work better for you. New move-in ready homes for sale typically feature more modern features and up-to-date finishes.
Move-In Ready Homes For Sale
Whether you’re a first-time buyer or a seasoned homeowner, considering a move-in ready home is a smart decision that leads to a more enjoyable and stress-free homeownership experience. So, embrace the ease! Let us help you take that first step towards finding your perfect dwelling.
Currently, Simple Life owns and operates two communities with beautiful, contemporary move-in ready homes. Lakeshore is located in central Florida, with site-built cottage homes ranging from 725 – 1,085 square feet.
The Hamlet is located in western North Carolina, featuring cozy tiny homes ranging from 394 – 540 square feet. Both communities are strategically located close to necessities and beautiful landscapes for the most convenient and peaceful living experience.
House Hunting Checklist for Move-In Ready Homes
In order to prepare you for your move-in ready home search, we’ve curated a comprehensive checklist to keep you on the right track. Keep these things in mind throughout your journey to find the perfect move-in ready home for sale and you’ll be set for success!
1. Define Your Needs and Preferences as a Homebuyer:
- List your must-have features, such as the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, preferred location, and desired amenities.
- Consider your budget and any specific style preferences for the home.
2. Research Neighborhoods:
- Investigate different neighborhoods to find the one that aligns with your lifestyle and offers the amenities you desire.
- Consider factors like safety, schools, proximity to work, shopping centers, parks, and public transportation.
3. Set a Realistic Budget:
- Determine your budget and get pre-approved for a mortgage to understand how much you can afford.
- Factor in additional costs like closing costs, property taxes, and homeowners insurance.
4. Attend Move-In Ready Home Showings:
- Visit open houses and schedule showings to personally inspect potential properties.
- Take note of the home’s condition, layout, and overall appeal.
5. Check the Exterior:
- Inspect the exterior of the home for signs of damage, such as cracks, peeling paint, or damaged roofing.
- Assess the landscaping, driveway, and overall curb appeal.
6. Assess the Interior:
- Check the condition of walls, ceilings, and flooring for any visible issues.
- Inspect doors, windows, and locks to ensure they are in good working order.
7. Review the Kitchen:
- Evaluate the condition of kitchen appliances, cabinets, countertops, and fixtures.
- Turn on faucets and check for leaks or water pressure issues.
8. Inspect Bathrooms:
- Examine bathroom fixtures, tiles, and plumbing for leaks or damage.
- Check the water pressure and drainage in sinks and showers.
9. Check Electrical Systems:
- Test light switches, outlets, and electrical fixtures to ensure they work correctly.
10. Investigate the HVAC System:
- Inquire about the age and maintenance history of the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system.
- Test the HVAC system to ensure it operates efficiently.
11. Look for Storage Space:
- Evaluate the available storage space, including closets and cabinets, to determine if they meet your needs. This is essential if you’re leaning towards a move-in ready tiny home where space will be limited.
12. Verify Safety Features:
- Check for smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and fire extinguishers.
- Verify the presence of safety railings on staircases.
13. Consider Energy Efficiency:
- Look for energy-efficient features such as double-pane windows, insulation, and energy-efficient appliances.
14. Review HOA Rules and Fees (If Applicable):
- If the property is part of a homeowners association (HOA), review the rules, regulations, and associated fees. Some communities – such as those by Simple Life – operate without an HOA.
15. Verify Move-In Ready Status:
- Ensure that the home meets the definition of “move-in ready” and does not require any major renovations or repairs.
16. Request Inspection Reports and Disclosures:
- Ask for any available home inspection reports and property disclosures from the seller to understand the property’s condition.
17. Negotiate and Make an Informed Offer:
- If you’re interested in the home, negotiate with the seller based on your findings and any necessary repairs or updates.
18. Conduct a Final Walk-Through:
- Before closing, perform a final walk-through to ensure the home is still in the expected condition.
Still have questions about move-in ready homes? We have answers! Reach out to our expert staff at Lakeshore in Oxford, FL. If you’re interested in or have questions about tiny move-in ready homes, our staff at The Hamlet is also available. Happy house hunting!